Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Gorjuss!

Evening all, hope you are having a good week and looking forward to the bank holiday weekend, I know I am! For today's card I have followed the fab sketch by Maria Therese over at The Sugar Bowl Challenge. I decided to use my favourite Gorjuss Girl (Sugar Nellie) for this one but I wanted to give her a different look so I paper pieced her dress for a change and was really pleased how it turned out.


The papers are from my new My Minds Eye - Stella & Rose papers pack and I just love this colour. I used a Marianne Design die for the flower and the sentiment is by Hero Arts. The border punch is by EK Success and I added my usual faux stitching.


The rest of the image is coloured with ProMarkers - Tan, Cinnamon, Henna, Satin, Ivory, Blush & Cool Grey 1. I loved working with this sketch and will definitely use it again!

Thanks for looking, will catch up with you all later!

11 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! I love the papers you've used and lovely image - she looks gorgeous paper pieced :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, this is lovely. I love your papers and your colouring is great. Never done any paper piecing, will have to give it a go.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorjuss Helen...and I am loving her paper pieced dress too...fabulous work hun!

    Woohoo....so glad it's a BH weekend!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the paper piecing Helen, really love the papers some of my favourites.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, This card is beautiful, creative and good,,

    Uhoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow this is fab.. i love the colour scheme and the paper piecing. So pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is just gorgeous, Helen! You've used the DPs perfectly and love your border and paper piecing - all brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweetie your card is so very beautiful!

    Gorgeous colours and details!

    Biggest of hugs love Pops x xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, the paper piecing is gorjuss! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Helen i so love this card,really pretty colours/papers and your colouring is perfect-great dress too.
    just gorgeous,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. The colours and papers are beautiful and the image looks great with her paper pieced dress. Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, they make my day!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...